I think Jess is absolutely adorable, but I can't stand any of her outfits or accesories except for the meet outfit she comes in. I haven't yet decided on her personality, as the LE books I've read so far annoy me greatly so I disregard them.
I think my problem was that the character Jess was too girlie for me. It wasn't the look of the doll but the clothing that annoyed me. So we brought her home and got her renamed, redid the braids (tighter like Molly's) and into Molly's flying outfit. What a change! We tried her in a kimono I made and it worked well, as did an chinese ao. Kumi is a lot more of a tomboy than Jess is. Braver too.
I think Jess is absolutely adorable, but I can't stand any of her outfits or accesories except for the meet outfit she comes in. I haven't yet decided on her personality, as the LE books I've read so far annoy me greatly so I disregard them.
You all are so funny! Now that you mention it, Jess does have chipmunk cheeks for sure! I suppose this should make me more bonded to her as I was often described as having chipmunk cheeks myself growing up!
Katie148, I saw Jess in Feb at AGPNY and got Kit instead. Then in April I was at AGPC and looked at (no kidding!) 15 Jess's before settling on our Jess. There was so much variation in the face mold it was really hard to choose the "right" one. She does have one eye that is smaller than the other. I'm curious to see some HB pictures of Jess's that do not have the eye size discrepancy.
Gomunk--your Jess seems to have a very balanced face mold...any thoughts on the eyes?
Katie
I'm speechless. Also definitely in the minority on this thread! I have 5 Jesses and am considering buying just one more when I go to NY, since I've made arrangements to meet a PS there and can choose one. Yoshi, my most recent Jess, appears to have a slightly larger head and rounder face than the others, who all arrived before July. But she's got her hair pulled up on top of her head so it's hard to tell.
I must admit that I don't like any of her clothes or accessories and all but one of my Jesses are strictly Japanese, with repainted faces, never wearing anything but kimono. Iris is the exception and I'm trying hard to leave her as she is and to let her dress in a modern style.
I'm so sorry for those of you that have a Jess and don't love her. That's how I feel about Lindsey and Kailey. Don't have them. Don't want them. Could have bought them for a normal price and didn't. With the money I've saved on not buying them, I could adopt lots of Jesses. And did. And am living in a fantasy world of Memoirs of a Geisha and loving it. I do hope those of you who are on the fence will give Jess a second chance.
Sakurako,
I like your name, Child (or daughter? can't keep them straight) of Cherry blossoms, yes? Do you have any pictures of how you did the face paint for your many Jess-es. I got Kumiko in January so she has a thinner face.
Nat is in my sig pic. I'll see if I can move some photos of the girls from my gallery into the imagestation.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love her chipmonk cheeks. I had chipmonk cheeks growing up too (hence the nickname Gomunk). I haven't noticed anyhing odd about her eyes, but will take a closer look.Originally posted by happyAGmommykatie:
You all are so funny! Now that you mention it, Jess does have chipmunk cheeks for sure! I suppose this should make me more bonded to her as I was often described as having chipmunk cheeks myself growing up!
Katie148, I saw Jess in Feb at AGPNY and got Kit instead. Then in April I was at AGPC and looked at (no kidding!) 15 Jess's before settling on our Jess. There was so much variation in the face mold it was really hard to choose the "right" one. She does have one eye that is smaller than the other. I'm curious to see some HB pictures of Jess's that do not have the eye size discrepancy.
Gomunk--your Jess seems to have a very balanced face mold...any thoughts on the eyes?
Katie
Here is my album of some close ups of Jess to show her eyes and such: Jess close ups
OK, here are some ideas for changing Jess to look more Japanese.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2101584215
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROFL! I agree, her face mold dolls look like a chipmunk! But I still think Jess is cool.Originally posted by henna1:
Jess is a strange doll for me!
I do not like her and do not know why.
DD finally got her, and I am kind of OK when her hair is down.
However, she still looks like a chipmunk to me, and her face mold somehow looks odd.
But then again, there are soooo many other cute dollies to love!
Ana [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
UPS delivered Jess yesterday. I've been toying with the idea of getting her since she came out. I just couldn't decide, so I got her anyway just in case I changed my mind when she retired. Before I even opened the box I knew I didn't like her. I just don't like her face, I don't find her very pretty. I'm so disappointed because I love her story, especially having lived in Central America. I haven't taken Jess out of the box and I probably won't. I'll probably sell her on ebay after she retires. I did remove her outfit and put it on Marisol, who looks great in it. I'm so disappointed. Does anyone else feel this way about Jess?
Bookmarks